Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Glass House mystery solved

Got this info from a blog reader familiar with the history of the glass house referred to in our Sheldon 7th Leg post.


From allan_e@efn.org

I read your blog post on going to Crump Lake and visiting the Glass House by the Narrows.

The house was built by Walt Benson, a wine grape grower from CA. I did some of the work on the house while living at The Nature Conservancy's Crump Lake Preserve (the abandoned ranch 1/ mile south of Fisher Hot
Springs) in 1992 - '93. There is a solar well located down near the gate.

Last I had heard Walt was trying to sell the place.

The old homestead just west of Walt's place is the original valley homestead and is on TNC property. Locals were disappointed w/ their entire TNC experience (I was the good part of their experience). They were especially miffed that TNC was letting the homestead fall apart.

Living at Crump Lake was one of the best experiences of my life. A quiet unmatched in my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment